Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Proposal: Her Side


What  a fun day! It was his Dad's birthday, so a group of us went on a wine tour round Seneca Lake. His step mom rented a van, his little brother was driving, and Cody, his sister and I were in the very back stuffed into a seat! We spent the drive joking and laughing, his sister and I sang along to Spice Girls, and we stopped at all the winerys you could imagine. We laughed until we cried, and l listened to his family share stories. Finally, we roll out of the van and we have arrived at my (very favorite) winery, Hazlitt. 
Side note: When we first started dating I flew up to visit him and begged him to take me to this winery, when I came up for christmas, again, begged him to take me to this winery. 
When my sister got married, thier wine was at the wedding, and it instantly became my faveorite. 
There is a pond across from the winery, and C had taken a photo in of it covered in snow. I remembered that, and walked over saying "Oh..remember that time...?" and go to take a picture. I saw him fumbling in his pocket. I didn't think anything of it, becuase I had gotten him some lenses for his phone, and figured he would be grabbing one. I started to take a picture of the pond, and turned around to see where he was. 
There he was, down on on knee, ring held out, staring at me like I was the only thing in the world he could see. I heard his little brother run up and pull out his phone to take pictures. Cody asked me to be his wife. I couldn't believe it, I had to ask him about five times if he was serious! I took the ring, put it on my hand, and yellled yes about a million times.

I knowthis is so very cliche, but I am marrying my very best friend. He is handsome and kind. He is brave, and he makes me brave. He supports me, he makes me better, he makes me laugh. His smile lights up a room, it illuminates my life. I will follow him to the end of the earth. He is my soulmate and our life together will be the most amazing, important adventure. 

I love you, always. 

/end mushy rant. So this is my side of things, keep an eye out (soon...I hope) for his side of things!


No comments:

Post a Comment