Sunday, February 17, 2013

D.I.Y. Sunday: His and Hers Pillow Cases


This week makes a great gift for couples, long distance or not. This project was inspired by this tutorial on A Beautiful Mess. I did a few things differently, to better suit my crafting style.

I started with grey pillowcases (four) blue chevron for the heart and yellow for the letters. (you will also need: Needle and thread or sewing machine, and sticker letters in the size you want)

I measured to see how tall the heart would need to be, cut the fabric in the appropriate sized square, folded it in half and cut out a heart. At this point I cut the heart and half:

and stuck my letters on where I wanted them:
Now from here I followed the tutorial on ABM except I sewed by hand, not with a sewing machine. I would recommend using a sewing machine, I how ever prefer the hand sewn route.
In case you don't want to pop over to ABM, here is what you do:
  1. Sew the yellow fabric on the back around the letters. 
  2. Cut the letters out on the chevron, leaving the yellow poking through. 
  3. Sew the heart on the pillow case. 
  4. Repeat for HERS. 
Now, my boyfriend and I are long distance, so I sent him the HIS and a blank grey pillow case, and I kept the HERS and a blank one, so now we have:


Hope you guys enjoy making pillow cases for your home!
-Jamie

6 comments:

  1. What i do not understood is in reality how you're now not actually a lot more well-appreciated than you might be now. You are so intelligent. You already know therefore significantly in the case of this topic, produced me in my opinion imagine it from a lot of numerous angles. Its like women and men aren't
    interested except it is something to accomplish with
    Girl gaga! Your personal stuffs outstanding. All the time handle it up!



    Feel free to visit my webpage - http://www.hjcustomjewelry.com/effortless-modcloth-coupon-plans/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am truly glad to glance at this weblog posts
    which carries plenty of valuable information, thanks for providing such data.


    my webpage More Information and facts

    ReplyDelete