Monday, October 21, 2013

Hello Autumn: Pumpkin Roll


I love Autumn and Halloween, this is no secret to anyone that knows me. Luckily my boyfriend also loves Autumn! Most importantly, we both love Autumn food. If not for his love of pumpkin flavored things, I may never have received this recipe! 

Instead of a birthday cake last year, his Momma sent me this recipe, and the non-perishable ingredients, to bake for him! Cody mentioned to her that I have been wanting to blog about this recipe, and she so very kindly gave me her blessing to share! (Lucky you!) 

Ingredients: 
 Cake: 
3 eggs
2/3 cup solid pack pumpkin
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon salt

 Filling:
8 ounces softened cream cheese 
4 tablespoons softened butter
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla 

 Other: 
Wax paper 
Aluminum foil 

Set oven for 350 degrees 

1. Mix the cake ingredients in a bowl. 
2. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray, cover with wax paper, spray wax paper with no. Stick cooking spray. 
3. Spread cake mix on top of wax paper in rectangular shape. 
4. Bake for 15 Minutes, cool for 15 minutes. 
5. Take a (clean) kitchen towel and cover in confectioners sugar, remove wax paper from cake, place cake on towel.
6. Roll cake up in towel. 
7. Let cool completely, use this time to mix up filling ingredients. 
8. Un-roll (gently) and evenly spread filling, re-roll. 
9. Wrap in foil, refrigerate for an hour.  
10. Enjoy! 
(Okay, this one isn't beautiful, but it IS delicious!) 

My boyfriends Mom also likes to sprinkle crushed walnuts inside on top of the filling! 

I hope y'all enjoy this recipe as much as we do! 




No comments:

Post a Comment